Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Endless Sky

One of the things I loved about living in Nebraska was the endless sky.  The prairie horizon is immense and when I lived under that sky there were times when I would just stop and admire the beauty of all that space.

In New Jersey, the hills and trees (not to mention the dense population) mean that views of an endless horizon are rare.  That sense of space everywhere is just not present here, not in the daily way that I would see it on the prairie.  Last week, JT had baseball practice at a school with large fields and I realized that the sky was lovely in the evening light.  So I got out my camera and enjoyed the horizon.
And the sense of abundant space.
I love the light at the twilight hour, especially in the early summer when the trees and grass are still a lush green.  And all this space, so rare to see in New Jersey, made it more lovely.



No comments: