Friday, June 14, 2013

Front Porch


When I first moved into Sassafras House eight years ago, the old-fashioned spacious front porch quickly became one of my favorite parts of the house.  In good weather, I spend a lot of time sitting outside on the porch.  In addition, the porch and front door are how we enter and leave the house each day.  So a homey, welcoming porch is a nice touch.    
Some time ago, I placed on my Life List the goal of a porch lovely enough to be on the cover of Country Living magazine.   I've since decided that the porch needn't be quite so perfect, but now that summer has arrived, I've gotten busy making our porch even more welcoming for leisurely summer enjoyment.  This bunny print, a gift from T, is my inspiration.
I've a cheerful flag, a large table, an old-fashioned rocker, and a handful of flower pots on the porch already.  In the coming weeks, I plan to spruce it up even more and I'll post some pictures when the happy project is complete.


No comments: