Thursday, August 17, 2006

Dispatch from Straightville

For the past week or so, JT and I have been at Middlesex pool each morning for swimming lessons. The pool is serious straight family-land and sometimes I feel just a little left out, what with my single gay parent status. We all know that I can pass, but I don't want to anymore. So I look to entertain myself. There I am, hanging out in my lawn chair, reading and people-watching and generally seeking to be amused. And lately I have been amused by the prevalence of dads in denim shorts.

What is the matter with straight women that they allow their menfolk to go out in public looking like this? Someone needs to tell straight-male America that denim shorts on men are no good. Stop the madness.

2 comments:

kln said...

so true.

my love does not own any. he's a khaki kinda guy...shocking..i know.

lumbab said...

kahaki here too. i don't understand the denim OR the whole long shorts thing the younger guy crowd wears. it's kinda in the same category as those yucky too-big pants falling off their butts. i'm either too old or too square.