Sunday, August 06, 2006

Yummy!

Today is my last day in California and while JT and his cousins played pirates, I trolled my mom's cookbooks for some tasty additions to my cooking repertoire. Some of these are tried-and-true favorites that I had forgotten about; others are new recipes. Those of you lucky enough to be invited to my kitchen can look forward to eating plenty of tasty food come the fall:

- stuffed chicken breasts (a big fave from childhood; KO and I considered this fancy food and I cooked it for my sister at UCLA on her 18th birthday)
- burgundy stew (I always think of Aunty Val when I eat this)
- pot tamale (a recipe from my great grandma)
- Texas straw hats (another childhood favorite; I also remember this from when we'd go camping)
- colonial chicken chowder (Mom says that the leftovers are to die for)
- split pea soup (my favorite b-day supper when I was 8 years old......should have known then that I was a weird child)
- tortilla soup (easy and so yummy)
- zucchini soup (yet another favorite from my youth)
- Amy's toffee bars (coming soon to the Christmas cookie tray)
- cinnamon sugar butter cookies (a recipe courtesy of Mom who got it from KO and KO doesn't mess around when it comes to baked goods)

Invitations are forthcoming (though y'all know that you are welcome to invite yourselves AND request your favorites).

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Yay for new recipes and rediscovered old favorites!

kln said...

you toy with my stomach.

i'm waiting for the fudge.