Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Inauguration Day!

I took these pictures of the sunrise on January 11 because the light was splendid and the color made me stop to enjoy the sight.


Because even the darkest of nights comes to a close.



Because this kind of beauty fills me with hope.




In a few short hours, a new president comes into office.  Finally, we can shed the avarice, greed, and incompetence of the old.  With President Biden, there is Kamala Harris, our first woman Vice President.  Both are cause for great celebration.


Desmond Tutu once said that, “Hope is being able to see there is light, despite all the darkness.”  He and his nation overcame a greater challenge than we face but today, far all the ugly darkness that has been these last four years, I feel the hope.  I see the light.


My heart is full, y’all.  Hope is on the way.

No comments: