Thursday, March 29, 2007

I Believe that the Word is Unbelievable

So my ex and I have exchanged words over the last 24 hours and as is most often the case when that happens, unkind things were said. Regrettable, but a fact of life when you have no respect for one another. But my favorite part of the exchange is when she told me that one day she wants to be able to come and watch JT in the school play or when he plays on a sports team. She wants to be there for those moments of his life.

This is the part that is unbelievable. She hated school events when she was actually living in the house with him and often didn't attend. When she did attend, she complained about it. Last year, when the kindergarten organized a Mother's Day Tea, she was busy chatting up her new girlfriend at the company "retreat." And now I'm supposed to believe that she longs to attend the school play?

Got one word for that: unbelievable.

No comments: