Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Apples of My Eye

How 'bout them apples?

Sure, it's the obvious joke, but I couldn't resist. Last Saturday, JT and I went apple picking with our friend Amy and now we have 20 pounds of Macintosh, Golden Delicious, Courtland, and Red Delicious apples. JT ate several as we strolled the rows of trees and he was eager to pick the apples in hard-to-reach places.

I made some little apple turnovers for the 3rd graders. There will be a few big bowls of fried apples, a southern dish that is a fall staple in my home. Apple crisp. Apple cobbler. An apple pie, of course. Apple cake.

I'll be the apple queen.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

Yum! If the skys clear, we're off to our favorite orchard tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Good golly miss molly, that's a lot of apples. Will there be jam and/or preserves? You'll want to store those in your fallout shelter, in case of nuclear apocalypse. I saw it on Martha Stewart (or read it in her magazine).