Thursday, September 11, 2008

Not Just for Decoration

When my nephews came to visit this summer, C checked out the cookie jar on my kitchen counter. It was empty that day and he said to me, "Grandma has a cookie jar for decoration just like you."

Ouch.

I'm usually quite reliable about filling the cookie jar, but with summer I fell down on the job. Full-time lunchbox packing returns this week and so the cookie jar must be filled. And filled it was on Sunday evening. C is in California and unable to take advantage of the bounty. But JT and I will eat a cookie or two in his honor.

3 comments:

JAXTER said...

and those of us in the know - these are cookies to die for! I expect nephew C knows this...

Unknown said...

I don't know why (especially since it's not like we didn't have a functioning kitchen in every apartment we've ever lived in), but we've been on a cookie-baking tear in our house. The waistband of my pants can barely contain the sugary goodness.

Shark Butt said...

The cookies in the jar are art, pure and simple. And not the decorative kind.