Saturday, September 20, 2008

Real Life Conversations with JT: Supper edition

The back story: We're at the supper table, engaging in our usual conversation, discussing our favorite part of the day. We talk about that every night at supper. Then JT shifts gears and asks me what my favorite supper of all time would be.

Mama: I'm not sure.

JT: Really?

Mama: Well, when I was a little girl my favorite thing to eat was split pea soup. My mama also wrapped a hot dog in a tortilla and we ate it with guacamole and I really liked that. What's your favorite supper?

JT: I don't know.

Mama: Really? You can't think of anything?

JT: Gee, Mama. I'm just a little boy. I'm only 8. I haven't had enough experiences yet to have a favorite of all time.

Fair enough. I'll stop with all that pressure to grow up.

No comments: