Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Danger

We have some new neighbors and they are working on their house. JT watched with great interest as they hauled new kitchen cabinets through the side door. I've met the new family and I told him so.

"They have a little girl," I said, "she's two years old."

The neighbors on the other side also have a two year old little girl and JT knows this because on occasion she has admired him with great intensity. He endures this admiration with a brave front. But to the announcement that yet another two year old girl has joined us here in suburbia, he heaved a great sigh.

"You know what this means, don't you?" he asked.

"Well, no, I'm not sure what this means," I answered.

So JT cleared it up for me, "It means that we are surrounded by the enemy, Mama. The enemy."

Good to know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha. He is so funny.