Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Cookie Report

As I wrote last week, the return of lunchbox packing has led to a full cookie jar at my house. This week's cookie is one of my favorites (though if you know me, you know that no cookie has ever escaped my enjoyment). It's a recipe from my sister KO: cinnamon sugar butter cookies.

Go ahead and head on into the kitchen. You know that you want some.

2 ½ cups of flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup dark brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 cup soft butter
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

1 tablespoon cinnamon
3 tablespoons white sugar

Heat the oven to 300 degrees. Mix the 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 3 tablespoons white sugar in a shallow bowl. Set aside.

Blend dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix sugars and butter for 1 minute; add eggs and vanilla and mix until light and fluffy (about two more minutes on my mixer). Add flour mixture and blend at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix.

Shape into 1 inch balls (dough will be wet) and roll in cinnamon sugar mix. Bake at 300 for 18-20 minutes; cool on a flat surface. Makes 3 dozen......or a few short of that if your little boy talks you into giving him some cookie dough.

You are baking up a guaranteed lunchbox hit. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I am here to testify to said cookies' yumminess.

And now that the weather's turned, I just might try my hand at them myself!

Gill said...

Oooh I will definitely be trying these! Thanks for posting.

Gill said...

Me again! Just wanted to say that I just finished baking a batch of these and they are very, very yummy! Thanks for the recipe :-)