Sunday, January 04, 2009

Family Supper

The best part of having my parents in town for the last two weeks has been having family suppers. Good food, good company, and the laughter of people I love. That all spells happy contentment for me; I like nothing more than a full table of people eating together

And if there is one meal I most enjoy with my family, it's tacos. We are Californians after all and that means a built-in love of fresh tortillas and salsa. So our New Year's supper was just that: chicken tacos, refried beans, rice, and a big bowl of guacamole.

Heaven.
Grandpa and Grandma have flown home and are already much missed. But there is lingering smell of fried tortillas in the house.

It smells like home.

2 comments:

Jason Brozek said...

I would eat homemade guacamole for every meal if I didn't think it would kill me in a week.

Shark Butt said...

You do rock the chicken taco supper!!!