Sunday, September 17, 2006

In Which Our Heroine Conquers Her Fear of Building Small Toys


In our home, Mommy always handled the heavy-building duties of parenthood. She built baby JT's crib and from then on, all the Lego projects, the castles, and endless other toys with small pieces and smaller instructions were assigned to Lisa.

But since Mommy is no longer handling parenting, building projects now fall to Mama. Thus far, I've been able to manage the job. I am a whiz with all things Playmobile. But yesterday, after we secured two Bey Blade toys as a reward for JT's help with the playroom cleaning frenzy, I feared that the jig was up.

We came home from Toys R Us and JT retreated upstairs. I poured myself a glass of iced tea, wished for something far stronger, spread the pieces out on the dining room table, and faced the job at hand. Within the hour, we had ourselves two perfectly constructed toys. JT happily launched them throughout the house.

And I congratulated myself on managing yet another of the unexpected surprises of single mama-hood.

1 comment:

Shark Butt said...

As well you should be congratulated!