Saturday, September 02, 2006

Real Life Conversations, Part VI

Some context: At bedtime, I have been reading JT a story about two girls who become pirates and dress up as boys while they do pirate things. In the most recent chapter, the pirate crew has been arrested by the English Navy. Not good for our pirate chicks. To avoid hanging, Nancy and Minerva come clean and admit that they are women.

Mama: What are you doing JT?

JT (looking at me closely and running his hands all over me; copping a feel like a teenage boy): I am examining you.

Mama: Why?

JT: I want to be sure that you are really a girl.

Mama: And what have you concluded?

JT: You're a girl, Mama. But you know what?

Mama: What son?

JT: Mommy doesn't really look like a girl. Is she a girl?

Ahhh, from the mouths of babes. And bonus points to Mama for NOT suggesting that Mommy is barely a thinking, feeling, caring human being. Let alone a girl.

1 comment:

lumbab said...

I sense that the tooth fairy might give him an unexplained bonus for his next tooth!