Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Let the (Real) Madness Begin

This morning, the new students will arrive on campus for a quick walk around and introductions. If memory serves, they will all have that deer in the headlights look for the better part of the day.

Yesterday, we had our last sequence of meetings and teacher rebellion was in the air. By the afternoon session on disaster awareness and the dangers of airborne pathogens, I had lost my sense of decorum. And it is a point of personal pride that at one point as the session droned on, my friend C was bent over with laughter at some smartass comment that I made.

That pretty much makes the day a success for me. And it might also explain why all the snarky teenage boys end up thinking that I am okay as teachers go.

1 comment:

JAXTER said...

just thinking about your comments makes me LOL