Saturday, September 16, 2006

Mama Cleaning Tsunami, Playroom Edition

Last Saturday I awakened to the need to get all of the cleaning chores done by myself. It was yet another in a series of regrettable discoveries about Lisa's departure. By the end of the day, I was exhausted and feeling taken for granted. I relieved some of the tension by shouting at Lisa on the phone.....though that's never as rewarding as I would hope.

On Sunday, I decided that the cleaning need not be confined to one day a week. If I spread the chores out, it's not so bad. Duh. And I must have a clean and tidy house.....my inner Carol speaketh when the house is clean. Having done a chore each day during the week meant that this morning I had the courage to address the heaping room o' crap that is the young man's playroom.

In my lighter moments, it has occurred to me that Lisa left so as to never again help cleaning the playroom. But the situation has reached a defcon 5 level and earlier in the week I announced that today I would bring order to the chaos.

No 'before" pictures exist because I was too embarrassed by the state of the room. But the after picture below is a beautiful thing to behold. JT's fleet of ships are all lined up, ready to be outfitted and manned to go and do pirate things. The carpet is clean, and all the little tiny pirates and their tiny weapons and other accessories (their bear skin rug, lanterns, and candlesticks, for example) have been organized into bins.

And may I say that the first mate demonstrated that he is his Grandma California's boy.....cleaning and straightening in a way that was most impressive.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I can't believe you're depriving us of a "before" picture!

Well done, though.