Sunday, August 26, 2012

Backyard Oasis

One of the things I like best about my home is the back deck.  Shaded by old man tree, the deck is just off the living room and offers a lovely view of the lush, green backyard.
My idea of a perfect afternoon is to sit on the back deck with a cold glass of iced tea and a good book.  If my neighbors had stopped their mowers, I'd enjoy the quiet.  If I'm lucky, a light breeze would swing through, Pesky the squirrel would stop by to say hey, and the brown bunny who lives in hedges will hop out for a little munch of grass.
School is starting in a few weeks (meetings start Wednesday!) and that pretty much rules out long afternoons on the deck.  But the pictures of this space will feed my soul in the weeks ahead.  I'm still picking garden tomatoes and I've got carrot and beets planted for a fall garden harvest.  But I know it won't be long before leaves are changing and I'm awakening in the mornings to check out the backyard snowfall.  That's all the more reason to enjoy the back deck while the sun still shines.

1 comment:

Nichole said...

My grass hasn't been green since April. Freakin' drought.