Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Stairmaster General

On Sunday, T and I headed over to Pennsylvania to visit Bushkill Falls.  I'd heard lots about the falls and their beauty but I reserved judgment, convinced that no east coast waterfall could measure up to the waterfalls in Yosemite.  Turns out I was wrong.
Amazingly, beautifully wrong.

Bushkill Falls is a privately owned park and the falls can be found at the end of a rather steep walk down lingering trails of wooden stairs.
There are several vantage points to view the falls.  Perches, walkways - and stairs - abound.  It felt a bit like the Swiss Family Robinson Tree at Disneyland.

As the pictures illustrate, we are not suffering from the drought plaguing the rest of the nation.  Things remain lush and green around here and this amazing walk in the woods was well worth the sore calves that followed.


1 comment:

Jason Brozek said...

Missy and I stopped at Bushkill Falls on our drive back from Maine a couple years ago, and it really is stunning. I do not recommend wearing a 2 year-old in a hiking pack on the steps though!