Friday, June 23, 2006

6 More Things.....Mean-Spirited Edition

Disclaimer: I am feeling mean and sassy this morning so this is a tad nasty in tone. Those of you who are kinder than me should stop reading now, so as to preserve your image of me as a decent person.

6. I can quite pretending that Lisa was a good cook. She makes an okay pie, though the crust is almost always soggy in the middle. Her cookies are good enough, though anyone can make the recipe, but nothing else was all that special and now I don't have to pretend that it was.

5. No longer have to endure the fact that she doesn't listen to directions and could not find her way out of a plastic bag. Two years ago, she missed the turn to her hometown and when I pointed that out, she got angry at me. But I was right and she was lost. Again.

4. No longer have to watch television while I'm trying to fall asleep. And she wonders why she has insomnia all the time.

3. No longer have to pretend that she wasn't woefully ignorant about politics. She was and is largely uninformed when it comes to local and national politics. Just a few weeks ago she told me that there were 9 judges on the New York state version of the state supreme court (there are 7 - as is the case for most state supreme courts). She wouldn't even think about foreign affairs, not to mention talk about them intelligently. Now that is someone else's problem.

2. Socially inept is the phrase that comes to mind. When I had affection for her, I would help her through her social awkwardness, sometimes I even found it sweet. Now that is someone's else problem....someone else, by the way is also socially inept. So they will make a great pair.

1. No longer need to fake it and pretend I like the things she wanted to do (yeah, those things). Never wanted to do it, sometimes even resented it. Used to pretend for the sake of the relationship (and by the way, that was rarely reciprocated). Won't be pretending anymore. 'Nuf said.

2 comments:

JAXTER said...

ummmm...those just sound like facts, mean would be telling the world her private proclivities that you happenned to dislike. By the way, great tote!

Shelley said...

Honesty is an important ingredient of disentanglement. Go for it.