Friday, June 23, 2006

A Sad Reflection on Me


I would read any consumer e-mail in the world if the subject line mentioned a tote bag. My favorite catalog is the yearly Vera Bradley catalog of floral bags. On occasion, I have been known to feel the same about shoes. But mention a free tote bag and I am bagged......seriously, I embarrass myself.

Earlier this year, I gave WNYC a nice big donation and I could have gotten a Johnny Cash CD for my troubles. But I chose the tote bag.

I know I have a problem, but I just don't care. Yesterday I used a Borders gift card to get some new books and this lovely, stripey new bag to hold those books. It's a tidy clean bag that calls out "happy summer." And this morning I am determined that it will be exactly that. With some new books and a new bag, how could I not be happy?

No comments: