Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Confirmation

Over the last few days, I've put things together and realized that Lisa didn't just walk out on JT and me to stay with a friend while she got a plan for the rest of her life. No, she's actually romantically involved with her workmate Liz and that whole "sleeping on the couch" story is a lie. So it would seem that Lisa is fishing off the workplace pier. Nice.

I'm not really surprised, though I am hurt that she's lying about it. It certainly explains a lot. The day that she and Liz got "lost" trying to find Liz's house. The time they went to the dog park, which closes at 4:15 but then didn't arrive back at the house until nearly 7 pm. The night she said that she spent in Albany, NY, despite the E-Z Pass statement that showed she was not in Albany that night but the next morning instead.

It also explains why it was so easy for her to go. She walked out of our house and right into a new house. I'm sure that she's pretending that is her home as well. It seemed so incredibly easy for her and now I know why. Why bother to work on a long-term relationship with the old partner when the new is so exciting, so easy? That won't last, of course.

So in addition to the fact that she was never available, was uncommunicative, and was patently unwilling to help me out in raising our son, I now know that she was unfaithful. Honestly, I had thought she was better than that. It's probably best that I know the truth now, even if it does hurt.

But the very best part of the day was in the afternoon, when Lisa called to ask me to help her navigate her on-line banking. It would seem that she paid a bill on-line from the wrong account, thus over-drawing our formerly joint account. It took my every essence of self-control not to say, "can't Liz help you with this?" But I was polite and I helped solve her problem and then she wanted to talk with JT. But he was at camp, as she would have known, had she paid attention to the note I wrote her with his summer schedule laid out.

How in the world could I have been such a fool for so long?

2 comments:

JAXTER said...

It is so easy to see only that which we want to see, especially when we are encouraged by others in that truth. It is highly impressive that you were able to be helpful in the navigation of a problem. A lesser person would have said F-you. Without acts of kindness such as that healing really can't take place.

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.