Tuesday, June 13, 2006

This is What Summer is About


This afternoon Krystalle came over and whisked JT off for a few errands while I worked out. The next thing I knew, they were back with squirt guns. They filled them in the kitchen and then rushed outside. They raced back and forth from the front yard to the back, shooting one another with the water pistols. It was a ferocious battle. And it was fun.

Krystalle has been a lifeline in these last two weeks, turning up at our house with her good spirits and happy smile. Today she brought me a new CD of music to listen to. Last week, she wrote me a lovely letter and brought peppermint tea. She showed me how to start JT's video game in his playroom and she understood when I needed to write it down. She doesn't mind if I cry and she knows how to keep me company. She makes things easier for both me and JT and she's reminded me about the things that I always liked about myself....my essential optimism, my sense of humor, my independence. She's a woman of action and words, helping my boy and me to heal. She is truly a gem.

3 comments:

JAXTER said...

It is great to have a good friend who knows the value of pepermint tea, letters and the all important water gun fight. These are the nuances that only special people really understand and know when they are most needed.

kT said...

A life line (or a good squirt gun fight) are good to have in the best of times. They can be life savers in the worst.

kln said...

thank you so much for your kind words....um...stacy? i love your family more than words could ever say.