Sunday, June 25, 2006

A New Kind of Family

On Saturday night, A & M met us for supper at Fuddrucker's. We ate some burgers and fries (chicken fingers for the boy, of course) and enjoyed one another's company. I'm still coming to terms with the new landscape of my weekends. I always loved those family times and I miss the threesome that we once were. But I enjoyed myself last night, and JT was most entertained by the pirate puzzle book that A & M brought him. We talked and laughed and shared our lives. Just like family.

I awoke this morning so profoundly grateful for the friends who make up our new family times. They make me laugh, they love my boy, and they always remind me that a new kind of happiness awaits us at the other side of this pain.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

From half a world away, I see you are still sassy.