Sunday, June 18, 2006

Basket of Love


A and M, who have been terrifically caring of me and JT in these last few weeks, gave me this beautiful basket on Friday night. I waited until I had a quiet moment on Saturday to open it. Inside were snacks, some things to read, beautiful candles, and a gift card to get me started on changing my bedroom. It all made me feel loved and hopeful. I found some new things to cook in the cooking magazine, some things to do in my garden and bedroom to make me feel better in the house and garden magazine, and in it all a glimpse of a happier future that is simply waiting for me to find it.

I know that healing will not follow a linear path, that some days will be better than others, and that some hard days still lay ahead. But I am looking forward and making plans, and that feels good and hopeful.

1 comment:

JAXTER said...

Healing is never linear- but you already know this, which puts you well ahead of the process. Another good thing is that you also know that on bad days you have many resources to help you through...here's hoping those days are fewer and fewer.